Sunday, April 18, 2010

Live from the Big Apple...

Welcome to New York.  


You landed @ 6:54am EDT, which is near 4:00am PDT. 


Your friend, who asked you to spend the day shopping with him (and knew you would be arriving early) is not answering either of his phones, or his door when you ring the buzzer.


You have to think fast, as the cab waits.  Thank God the meter is fixed since you're coming from the airport.  You decide to head to Midtown and find a hotel, quick.


After you check in your bags and lie telling them you are staying there later, you find your new writing space.  A scarcely filled Starbucks with about 2 hours of Wi-Fi that is free, then you need to figure out another plan.


One thing about Manhattan, is you need to think fast.  Really fast.


Now it's 8:21am EDT or 5:21am PDT.  The baristas have already been warned that this will become my command center for the meantime.


Once my time is up, maybe breakfast?  Although I could really use a nap.


So- what else is on the agenda.  I guess that all depends on whether or not my friend wakes up from his alcohol induced coma (maybe I shouldn't assume?).  Otherwise, it's game on for my adventures in a rental with my GPS, and iPod in tow.


As we were landing, I took a couple of shots of the clouds as we landed.  It takes this to realize that you are truly in a world bigger than yourself sometimes.  




Today will require me finishing my planning for tomorrow.  One in the afternoon is my date with destiny and then Yours Truly will need a DRINK.  I've been waiting to really let loose until after all of these meetings were done and over with.  Tomorrow, it's on.  My stress levels are out of control.  All that will be needed to put me at ease is an answer.


And, there's a very special surprise for Monday too.  YAY!  That will definitely make my evening.


No matter what the outcome is, there will always be the reminder that we went this far because of the actions put in place- and the universe just carried them on.  Doors opened because they were supposed to.  People connected because they should have.  Emotions were displayed because it was time.  There is no better reason for things to happen, only because they were meant to.


Since I am having one of those Carrie in SATC moments, this quote came up rather appropriately...


Despite the fact that there are over eight million people on the island of Manhattan, there are times you still feel shipwrecked and alone. Times even the most resourceful survivor would feel the need to put a message in a bottle, or on an answering machine”-- SJP

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Did you manage to get hold of your friend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. It al turned out rather well thank you. Just another adventure for the books!

    ReplyDelete