Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Turning Point

There comes a time in everyone's life when the history of their past hits them in the face.  It's almost like people wake up, look around and wonder how the hell you ended up where you are today.


Now, I'm not just talking about the geographical location of where someone is, but the actual place that you have come to be in your life.  Are you where you expected to be by now?  Is your life going according to your plan?


To be honest, I hadn't really thought about all of that in a bit.  I had been too preoccupied with the opportunities that were in New York and locally.  My focus is on getting my divorce papers finalized.  It actually feels more like the beginning of my life versus the time where I should be taking stock to see if I made it.


But just for fun, I attempted to think back to the things I wanted to accomplish by the time I was Thirty-Five.  For the most part, everything that was on my list had been accomplished.


After getting married, enjoying a fabulous career, living in a major city, having a host of good friends-- is there more?


YES- is the answer.  But you have to remember to not give up, because Thirty-Five is not the end of your life.


There is more life in me today than there was even seven years ago (hence, the seven year itch).  Things seem very clear to me when before they were not.  It is certainly more calming to live and learn from life experiences, than to be young and unsure.


My wants are not the same as they were when I was twenty-one, and they shouldn't be. Instead, they are the wants of a woman who knows what SHE WANTS, who is not afraid to ask for it and believes that her self respect will make it worth waiting for.  


Am I living a five or ten year plan?  Not any more- but I am living a plan that makes sense to me.  There is still time to see the world. Plenty of time to meet new people and forge new relationships.  Actually, there is enough time to do anything that you put your mind to, period.


What is meant to come our way shall do so.  It cannot be forced, manipulated or coaxed.  Some might day that it's even more than the universe- but more like Karma.  


If that's the case- take heed to this quote.  It arrived in front of my eyes at the perfect time...



"Treat people as you would like to be treated. Karma's only a bitch if you are." --Unknown



Ha!  Maybe my ex-husband stumbled across my blog and read that-- I can only hope!

Until next time- sorry for my delays in writing, but it's been a crazy couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment