Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder?

It's an interesting day when you finally wake up and realize your beautiful.

Maybe you have always been beautiful, but waited so long for someone to say it rather than believing it yourself.

Or, maybe you believed it but just wanted to hear the validation to know it was true.

In either case- there is just something empowering about confidence, sex appeal and the overall swagger you get from believing that you are the beauty you always wanted to be.

Time after time, women are always picking out their flaws.  Their "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda's"- of things that never happened or wish they were's.

Frankly, at this point I'm just happy to wake up and be alive.  I'm happiest around my friends. I still blush when flirting shamelessly with an attractive guy who knows what I'm doing. I'm excited to watch the sun rise and set.  I get a thrill when I drive fast with the music blaring over the Sunol Grade.  I love the thought of traveling and seeing what I haven't yet. Dammit, all of that stuff is waht makes me beautiful!

Wait, it is all of those crazy differences-- the little variables that make all of us beautiful.

So accept your curly hair, your big hips, the idiosyncracies that make you, YOU. 

If you keep waiting for validation, it may just be too late.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like you wrote this post especially for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps I did just that! Women's intuition!

    ReplyDelete