Tuesday, August 17, 2010

You Cannot Save Everyone

If there is anything that I've learned in the last month, its this;  You can't save everyone.

Even if I'm not even sure if I *WANT* to save anyone, there is bit of remorse when you think you could have told them about the big Mack Truck coming their way.

Some may say that you learn through experience.  I would say that's true.  The things that make me wise today can be directly attributed to my mistakes.  

But why suffer if you don't have to?

I'm not trying to "Silver Spoon" folks, but after awhile-- you just need a break.  You begin to wonder if there is such a thing as good fortune.  Maybe if things go well enough you will buy a Lotto ticket!

About ten years ago, I met someone who was willing to show me how to save myself.  Guess the saying "Teach a man to fish and never will he go hungry..." could apply here.  

He showed me the ropes, warning signs and mainly just provided hope.  Hope that the string of bad luck would end.  Hope that the days would get easier.  Hope that it was within myself to save ME.

After all-- You can't save someone who doesn't want to save themselves.


** Everyone:  This will be my last post on this blog, as I will be integrating this site and another site together.  On my Tumblr blog, I will continue to write, and as an added benefit, you can see the life inside my head.

To go to this site, please click here--  Thank you for joining me on this journey.

Good night! **


No comments:

Post a Comment